Yoga & Meditation
Practice Yoga and Meditation
Staying loose and finding calm is how we like to roll on Kootenay Lake. Pick the yoga centre of your choice. Word is we have more yogis per capita than anywhere else in Canada. Roll out your mat, and deepen your meditation practice. Ohm yeah.
From a short morning stretch to multiple weeks of yogi training, you'll find all kinds of yoga options in and around Nelson.
- The incredible Shanti Yoga Studio offers classes in a beautifully restored heritage building on Baker Street.
- Intuit Studio is also located on Baker Street and offers boutique yoga classes along with other movement classes rooted in intuitive movement.
- Turn up the heat with a yoga class at Bambu Hot Yoga in Nelson or slow down with a gentle or restorative class at Vitality Yoga.
- Nelson School of Yoga is a grassroots yoga studio conveniently located in the heart of downtown and offers a range of classes and yoga teacher training.
- Santé Holistic Health Centre offers a variety of classes and health services.
- In Crawford Bay head to Tara Shanti, a newly renovated retreat centre featuring yoga classes and accommodation overlooking Kootenay Lake.
All yoga studios in Nelson are located within a block of each other.
Find your inner balance with a retreat for your mind and soul.
- The Kootenay Shambhala Meditation Centre offers public meditation and weeklong retreats in a peaceful setting.
- The Himalayan Salt Cave offers a unique experience by hosting meditation classes in their cave made of 12,000 pounds of salt.
- Kootenay Sound Healing Centre, located in Riondel on the East Shore provides weekly therapeutic gong journeys as well as private sound healing sessions.
- Acclaimed Yasodhara Ashram, near Crawford Bay, invites guests to deepen their yoga and meditation practice with workshops and retreats throughout the year. Their spectacular Temple of Light is a prime example of the region's love and fusion of nature and art.
- The Sentinel is a lakeside retreat and wellness centre, nestled in a beautiful location on the western shore of magnificent Kootenay Lake, just outside of Kaslo.
- Footsteps Eco Adventures offers retreats that combine yoga, breath work and meditations with exploring the beautiful Kootenay backcountry. Mount Carlyle Backcountry Lodge is one of the locations where these inspiring experiences are hosted.