There are a number of marinas on Kootenay Lake which offer a variety of services including boat launches, moorage, fuel, and a new pump out station is available as the Prestige Marina.
The Kootenay Lake Sustainable Boating Association also has a variety of resources available on their website.
Marine Fuel is available at Woodbury Resort on the main lake or the Prestige Lakeside Resort in the West Arm. There are usually some temporary slips available at Lang's Marina (beside the Balfour Ferry Terminal) where you can park while filling your tank at the Gill & Gift or grabbing a quick snack at the Old World Bakery. Please ask permission from marina operator before leaving your boat for any length of time.
Many marinas also have boat launches available for a fee including:
- Woodbury Resort
- Kokanee Park Marina - this is the deepest boat launch on the West Arm often used for launching sailboats. Please note, the dock is in need of maintenance, use extreme caution.
- Cedars Inn & Marina
- Fish Hawk Bay Marina
- Kuskanook Harbour Society
- The Lakeview
- Riondel Boat Club
- Bayshore Resort and Marina
Public Boat Launches
There are also several unattended, unserviced boat launches available including:
- Balfour Public Boat Launch/Wharf
- Boswell Harbour public launch
- Kaslo boat launch
- Kokanee Creek Provincial Park public launch
- Kootenay Bay public launch
- Kootenay Lake Provincial Park - Lost Ledge site
- Lardeau public boat launch
- Rotary Lakeside Park - Nelson
- Sunshine Bay boat launch
- Balfour Public Boat Launch