Stop in and Say Hello!
Our visitor centres have knowledgeable staff, ready to help with maps, event listings, brochures, road conditions, and up-to-the minute information about the latest happenings around town. They can also provide community information, and can help plan your itinerary for travelling around BC.
Nelson Visitor Centre
We are open Monday to Friday, extended to 7 days a week in the summer. Hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm.
91 Baker Street, Nelson, BC VL1 4G9
Kaslo Visitor Centre
The Kaslo Visitor Centre, downtown at the SS Moyie (324 Front Street), is open seasonally from Mother's Day, May 9, 2021 – October 11, 2021, Thanksgiving Monday, every day from 10:00 am–5:00 pm or email email@example.com.
Year-round, with very limited hours, you can also contact the Kootenay Lake Historical Society/Visitor Centre Manager, also located at the SS Moyie Visitor Centre:
Crawford Bay Visitor Centre
The Crawford Bay Visitor Centre has seasonal staff but a well-stocked rack of brochures and map available year-round. Located amongst the Artisans of Crawford Bay in between Barefoot Handweaving and Kootenay Forge. For more information about the businesses on the East Shore contact Kootenay Lake Chamber of Commerce. You can reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sani-Dumps in the area: sanidumps.com/maps
- Electric Car Charging Stations: plugshare.com
- Washrooms are available at the Visitor Centres
Gas Stations are all around Kootenay Lake
- Husky - 702 Nelson Ave
- Petro-Canada - 123 Anderson Street
- Shell - 301 Nelson Ave
- Mobil - 502 Lakeside Dr
- Taghum Shell - 5644 HWY 3A
- Gill and Gift - 450 Ferry Landing Road
- Kokanee Park Marina - 5110 HWY 3A
- Esso - 6510 HWY 31
- Kaslo Mohawk - 405 4th Street
- Lardeau Valley Service - 12705 HWY 31
- Meadow Creek Store - 13308 Hwy 31
- Crawford Bay General Store
- The Lakeview - Gray Creek
- FasGas - Wynndel