Partner With Us
Board of Directors & Annual Reports
The Board of Directors of Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism Society is made up 12 seats, each serving two-year terms. Our year end fiscal is March 31. Our AGM is typically in June. To learn more visit our Board of Directors & Annual Reports page.
Partnering with Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism provides an opportunity for all tourism-related businesses and organizations to work together to enhance our marketing opportunities and bring more visitors to the area, and customers through your door.
Benefits of NKLT Membership In Good-Standing
- Listing on specified tourism business-related pages
- Monthly newsletter
- Free Event postings on the Calendar
- Access to images in the NKLT imagebank to help promote tourism-related businesses
- Voting rights at AGM and opportunity to be a board member
- Closed Facebook Group to share tourism ideas with other members
- Advertising in the Travel Book - the regions official vacation guide
- Distribution of Travel Books and Maps to all members
- Representation through the regional marketing initiatives
- FAM / Media tours
- Educational sessions on tourism through the Destination Development Association
- Representation through Kootenay Rockies Tourism and Destination BC at national and international trade shows
Tourism-Related Business Membership
NKLT provides a non-fee based membership that is inclusive of all tourism-related businesses within our mandated region. If you are NOT yet a member please fill out this form.
To be a Member in Good-Standing with NKLT there are three Annual Requirements:
- Link Building: add a link to NKLT on an easily accessible page of your website (logo download below)
- Social Media: share a few NKLT posts, or tag NKLT in a few posts
- Travel Book: distribute the Travel Book through your business
Please fill out this form to confirm your NKLT 2021 Membership renewal.
We work collaboratively with the Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce, Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce, Balfour & District Business and Historical Association (BDBHA) and Kootenay Lake Chamber of Commerce.
Short Term Rentals - Nelson bylaw enforced
- As of October 2018 all accommodations must collect and pay the PST and GST. If you advertise on AirBnB they will collect and submit for you. Other online platforms will be collecting in the future. If you advertise outside of an online platform (business website) you will need to register directly with the Ministry of Finance. For full details visit the Government website, Bulletin 120.
- Let us know you are an accommodator so we can connect with you about what is happening in the tourism world, and provide you with free Travel Books and maps for your guests.
We encourage all members to link back to NKLT. A link to NKLT provides your customer with easy access to all there is to do and see in the region, travel deals, maps and more. Simply save one of the two images below (right click, 'Save Image As') and place on your website. Link image to: nelsonkootenaylake.com
Please join our closed Facebook Group to stay informed about weekly tourism happenings. THANK YOU for supporting and promoting tourism.