Partner With Us
Partnering with Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism provides an opportunity for all tourism-related businesses and organizations to work together to enhance our marketing opportunities and bring more visitors to the area, and customers through your door.
Benefits of NKLT Membership In Good-Standing
- Listing on website
- Newsletters to members
- Free Event postings on the Kootenay Calendar (a partnership with Koootenay Co-op Radio) that has a feed to our Calendar
- Voting rights at AGM and opportunity to be a board member
- Closed Facebook Group to share tourism ideas with other members
- Advertising in the Travel Book - the regions official vacation guide
- Distribution of Travel Books and Flat Maps to all members, as well as other material when available (umbrellas are a hot item)
- Representation through regional marketing initiatives
- Listing on our Reservation System
- FAM / Media tours exposure
- Educational sessions on tourism through the Destination BC
- Representation through Kootenay Rockies Tourism and Destination BC at national and international trade shows
Tourism-Related Business Membership
NKLT provides a non-fee based membership that is inclusive of all tourism-related businesses within our mandated region. If you are NOT yet a member please fill out this NEW MEMBER form.
To be a Member in Good-Standing with NKLT there are three Annual Requirements:
- Link Building: add a link to NKLT on an easily accessible page of your website (logo download below)
- Social Media: share a few NKLT posts, or tag NKLT in a few posts
- Travel Book: distribute the Travel Book and Flat Maps through your business
We encourage all members to link back to NKLT. A link to NKLT provides your customer with easy access to all there is to do and see in the region, travel deals, maps and more. Simply save one of the two images below (right click, 'Save Image As') and place on your website. Link image to: nelsonkootenaylake.com and mention "To find what to do, local events and places to stay visit our region's awesome tourism site."
We work collaboratively with RDCK areas D, E, F and A, Village of Kaslo, City of Nelson, Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce, Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce, Balfour & District Business and Historical Association (BDBHA) and Kootenay Lake Chamber of Commerce.
Short Term Rentals
Let us know you are an accommodator so we can connect with you about what is happening in the tourism world. By becoming a Member, your short term rental will have a listing with us. We can provide you marketing support, discounted Check In Canada booking system, as well as free Travel Books, flat maps and materials to encourage your guests to stay longer and visit again.
Nelson bylaw enforced
- As of October 2018 all accommodations must collect and pay the PST and GST. If you advertise on a vacation rental site (eg: AirBnB, VRBO etc) they will collect and submit for you. If you advertise outside of an online platform (business website) you will need to register directly with the Ministry of Finance. For full details visit the Government website, Bulletin 120.
This funding opportunity is up to $2000 annually to a tourism-related organization located in our mandated region, to assist in signage and other infrastructure initiatives. Organizations are non-profit operations that are also tourism assets in the region. The maximum funds to be dispersed annually by NKLT is $10,000. Please fill out the form and the NKLT Board will review and if approved let you know within six weeks. Click here for the INFRASTRUCTURE FORM.
Events Sponsorship Fund
APPLICATION: Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism supports local events through an Event Sponsorship Fund. Each year we allocate a set amount of money towards these tourism related events, that are promoted to the public and potential visitors, to increase exposure of our region, enhance the visitor experience, and share all we have to offer. This fund is available to local non-profit organizations that promote their public events outside of their community, encouraging travel in our region. APPLY HERE
REPORTING: After an event is completed all applicants must fill out this form and then NKLT will reimburse them for their requested amount of funding. REPORT HERE
In 2022 NKLT sent a survey to all members collecting data on their definition of sustainability, plans, actions, support and outcomes. The data was collated, reviewed, analyzed and a Sustainability Assessment was completed in January 2023. Next steps are underway to ensure the region is recognized focusing on people, place and profit to ensure our region is preserved and conserved for centuries to come.
Board of Directors & Annual Reports
The Board of Directors of Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism Society is made up 12 seats, each serving two-year terms. Our year end fiscal is March 31. Our AGM is typically in June. To learn more visit Board of Directors & Strategic Plans.
Please join our closed Facebook Group to stay informed about weekly tourism happenings. THANK YOU for supporting and promoting tourism.
Read our visitors guide online or order a copy of the official visitor's guide and map for our region.