You are here
Effective as of July 1, 2011
2. Collection of Information Two types of information may be collected on the Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism website: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. "Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and credit card information. At the time of collection we will set out clearly the information that we are collecting and the purposes for which we will use it. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information. If you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you will not be able to use certain features of the website and you will not be able to engage in transactions through the website. The following is a list of the means by which Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism may collect Personal Information on this website:
- Communications from you
- Registration and contact forms
- Purchases, and
3. Use of Information Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism collects information only for the following purposes:
- To conduct market analysis
- To conduct website analysis
- To effect client communications
- To process transactions and payments; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
4. Security of Information Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism protects user information with the following security measures:
- secure servers
- username/password authentication, and
- other technology and procedures used to protect consumer privacy
We have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and interception by third parties of the information under our control. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information (including your Personal Information) transmitted over the Internet. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
6. Retention Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. If you request that your name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all your Personal Information due to technological and legal constraints.
7. Access and Accuracy You have the right to access your Personal Information to verify the Personal Information that we have collected in respect of you. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your information. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will enable you to revise the Personal Information as appropriate. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, or if you find any errors in our information about you, please send us an email. Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism will endeavour to deal with all such requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
9. Contact Us If you have any concerns about privacy at Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not resolve an issue to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by writing to:
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3