You are here
Our region spans from Nelson to Meadow Creek along the west side of Kootenay Lake including the communities of Balfour, Ainsworth Hot Springs, Kaslo and Meadow Creek.
May 22, 2018: The week ahead is to be above normal temperatures with showers later in the week. Enjoy all there is to do in the region!
Know Before You Go
These links provide up-to-date important information for travellers, as needed: weather, roads, ferries, air quality, fires, alerts, local news, facebook, etc.
- DriveBC road closures or delays
- Travel Advisories - TranBC
- Webcams through DriveBC
- TranBC_WestKoot local highway updates for the West Kootenay region - Twitter
- Weather - Environment Canada
- Air Quality (Castlegar is the closest point of resource)
- FireSmoke.ca - shows weather patterns of smoke in Canada
- Interactive Map of all fires in BC
- RDCK (Regional District of Central Kootenay) - local news and updates
- RDCK Alerts - sign up
- NKLT Social Media Pages
Flooding and Wildfire Information
This BC map shows location of fires to communites and highways.
- To help you get around and locate all the amenities in the region use our digital map
- Wondering what's happening - check out our online calendar
Safe travels and if you have any questions, or comments about content on this page please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 250-352-7879.
The Kaslo and Nelson Visitor Centres are also very knowledgeable resources. Please visit or contact them directly by phone: Nelson 250-352-3433 | Kaslo 250-353-2525