You are here
Our region spans from Nelson to Meadow Creek along the west side of Kootenay Lake including the communities of Balfour, Ainsworth Hot Springs, Kaslo and Meadow Creek.
April 18, 2018: The skies are blue and clear. The week ahead is to be warm and clear with intermittend showers. It's time to get outside and enjoy the fresh spring air.
Know Before You Go
These links provide up-to-date important information for travellers, as needed: weather, roads, ferries, air quality, fires, alerts, local news, facebook, etc.
- NKLT Social Media Pages
- DriveBC is the best source for information on road closures or delays
- TranBC_WestKoot local highway updates for the West Kootenay region
- Weather - Environment Canada
- Air Quality (Castlegar is the closest point of resource)
- FireSmoke.ca - shows weather patterns of smoke in Canada
- Interactive Map of all fires in BC
- RDCK (Regional District of Central Kootenay) - local news and updates
- RDCK Alerts - sign up
Current Wildfire Information - Update for Travellers
This BC map shows location of fires to communites and highways.
- To help you get around and locate all the amenities in the region use our digital map
- Wondering what's happening - check out our online calendar
Safe travels and if you have any questions, or comments about content on this page please email us at email@example.com or call us at 250-352-7879. The Kaslo and Nelson Visitor Centres are also very knowledgeable resources. Please visit or contact them directly.