You are here
September 4, 2018 - UPDATE
- There are no fires in the Nelson and Kootenay Lake region impeding travellers from coming and enjoying what we have to offer. The air is clear with stunning blue skies.
- You can view 'real time' photos on our social channels. #realtime is being used across BC for your easy reference.
Our region spans from Nelson to Meadow Creek along the west side of Kootenay Lake including the communities of Balfour, Ainsworth Hot Springs, Kaslo and Lardeau.
Know Before You Go
Destination BC has a list of provincial travel information. Local details can also be accessed through these links below: weather, roads, ferries, air quality, fires, alerts, local news, facebook, etc.
DriveBC road closures or delays
- Travel Advisories - TranBC
- Webcams through DriveBC
- TranBC_WestKoot local highway updates for the West Kootenay region - Twitter
- Weather - Environment Canada
- Destination BC - Preparedness links
- Air Quality (Castlegar is the closest point of resource)
- Fires located in BC - Interactive Map
- FireSmoke.ca - shows weather patterns of smoke in Canada
- RDCK (Regional District of Central Kootenay) - local news and updates
- RDCK Alerts - sign up
- NKLT Social Media Pages
Flooding and Wildfire Information
- To get the most accurate and up-to-date information visit Drivebc.ca and Tranbc.ca
- As of July 6, 2018 there is a fire ban in effect.
This BC map shows location of fires to communites and highways.
- To help you get around and locate all the amenities in the region use our digital map
- Wondering what's happening - check out our online calendar
Safe travels and if you have any questions, or comments about content on this page please email us at email@example.com or call us at 250-352-7879.
The Kaslo and Nelson Visitor Centres are also very knowledgeable resources. Please visit or contact them directly by phone: Nelson 250-352-3433 | Kaslo 250-353-2525