Events in the Nelson and Kootenay Lake Region
The rumours are true, we know how to have a good time here in the Nelson and Kootenay Lake region. The region is buzzing with activity in every season, waiting for you to join the celebrations. Our community events, street parties and food celebrations are second to none. Slope-side competitions, murals, literary events and holiday extravaganzas are just the tip of the iceberg.
With so many amazing events to choose from, here are some of our highlights:
- Kaslo's May Days celebrates summer's return with Logger Sports, markets, food vendors and more
- Tiny Lights Festival takes over Ymir with a weekend of curated music, makers and workshops
- Balfour Daze is a regular community event with food and live music
- Be part of the 'farmily' at Shambhala Music Festival just outside of Nelson, near Salmo
- Kaslo Jazz Festival showcasing world music on an iconic floating stage on Kootenay Lake
- Camp at Crawford Bay's family music festival Starbelly Jam
- Celebrate being Canadian on Canada Day across the region
Find out more about our region's awesome events below:
Read our visitors guide online or order a copy of the official visitor's guide and map for our region.