Our Lil' Secret
Spring brings excitement, possibility, and all kinds of colour to the Nelson and Kootenay Lake region. This spectacular time of year is our lil' secret but we are willing to share it with you - continue reading if you're curious...
Spring Times & Good Vibes
Steep mountain valleys are alive with the spring runoff. Snow capped peaks contrast with deep green forests and dark blue waters. Lilacs, cherry blossoms, and all kinds of leafy trees and gardens colour the region’s waterfront towns. Patios and early season hiking and mountain biking trails open, while lightly trafficked roads reward cyclists. Get your discs ready to play a round (or 3) of disc golf with your friends and family. You could even dust off the clubs and challenge your friends to a game of 9 or 18 hole golf. Frequent summer-like temperatures and long days make spring a rewarding (and quiet) time to visit.
Spring Things to Add to your Calendar
- 14 days of Poutine
- Kaslo Logger Sports
- Kaslo May Days
- Disc Golf
- Touring App - driving and walking tours
Get your dose of heritage by visiting some attractions that reopen over May long weekend such as Streetcar #23, Nelson's historic tramway. Or, explore Kaslo and visit the S.S. Moyie - the oldest intact sternwheeler in the world. Visit our Events Calendar to stay up-to-date on what's happening in our region.
ENTER TO WIN
Fill out the form below to be entered into the draw to win one of our local prize packages from Nelson & Kootenay Lake Tourism! The our lil' secret giveaway runs until June 30, 2023. Good luck!
Awesome Spring Giveaway Prize Packages
- One night stay for 2 at the Kaslo Motel
- $50 Gift Card for Kaslo Adventure Centre
- $50 Gift Card for Angry Hen Brewing Company
- $30 Gift Card for Front Street Antiques
- One night stay and breakfast for 2 at the Adventure Hotel
- $100 Gift Card for the Aura Spa & Salon, at the Hume Hotel
- Locally made artisan bath salts from Magpie Essentials
- Olive oil and vinegar gift set from Nelson Olive Oil Co
East Shore Prize
- One night stay and game of golf for 2 at Kokanee Springs Resort and Golf Course, Crawford Bay
- $30 Gift Card for Black Salt Cafe, Crawford Bay
- Hand broom from North Woven Broom, Crawford Bay
- Artisan made wooden chopping board
Balfour and Ainsworth Hot Springs Prize
- One night stay for 2 at Kokanee Lakeview Resort, Balfour
- Zip lining for 2 for Kokanee Mountain Zip Lining, near Crescent Bay
- Hot springs pool reservation for 2, at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort
- Merchandise from Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort
Come Experience Awesome
Spring into your next vacation at Kootenay Lake by delving into the arts. We have outstanding events, galleries, artisans, theatres, performing arts and fantastic shopping. Each community offers incredible culinary experiences found inside the plethora of breweries, restaurants and cafes that encourage visitors to relax. A few other epic ways to chill out include experiencing yoga, spas, salons or by taking a dip at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort. Finding the perfect place to stay has never been easier with such a vast array of options throughout the region: boutique hotels, motels, resorts and vacation rentals. Kootenay Lake has everything you need.
Looking For More Inspiration?
Spring is the perfect time to experience our Driving Tour, Mural Tour and the (coming soon) Kaslo River Trail Tour. Download the Kootenay Lake Road Trip App for these fun and informative self-guided tours. If you'd like to see the region through the eyes of our locals, check out our local photographers page and click on the 'spring' button.
Read our visitors guide online or order a copy of the official visitor's guide and map for our region.