Getting here from the Spokane Airport
Spokane International Airport is located 250km south of Nelson and services a variety of airlines with daily flights to most major US cities. Driving from Spokane airport to Nelson takes approx 3.5 to 4.5 hrs depending on driving conditions, route, and border crossing times.
Kootenay Gateway goes to the Spokane Airport year round with Private Charters in the Summer, and a Shuttle Service 5 days a week in the Winter. Book your charter or shuttle online at kootenaygateway.com/spokane - bookings must be made 48 hours in advance.
Arriving Spokane Airport - approximately 11:30am (this will depend on weather conditions and the border crossing)
- Arriving: Rossland - approximately 5:30pm
- Arriving: Nelson - approximately 6:45pm
Kootenay Gateway Shuttle: Winter 2022/23 Schedule
December 17, 2022 to March 25, 2023
Please read below before booking.
- The Shuttle's latest departure from the Spokane Airport is 2:30pm.
- The Shuttle departs from Spokane Airport outside baggage claim 1, 2 & 3 in terminal A & B
Nelson to Spokane Airport
Be at pickup location 15 minutes before departure.
- Departing Hume Hotel, Nelson – 7:00am
- Departing Prestige Lakeside, Nelson – 7:05am
- Departing Rossland Prestige Hotel - 8:00am
- Departing Red Mountain - 8:05am
- Arriving Spokane Airport - approximately 11:30am
Castlegar and Trail Pickups available on request.
Spokane Airport to Nelson
- Departing Spokane Airport - 2:30pm
- Arriving: Rossland - 5:30pm
- Arriving: Nelson - 6:30pm
One way fare is $175 + 5% GST.
For additional information call 1-250-362-0080.
We have plenty of accommodation to choose from. Check out our Hotel Packages and Activity Specials and start planning your epic ski vacation.
- Ainsworth Hot Springs
- Hotels for great price points
- over 80 restaurants and 4 breweries
- boutique shopping
- spas, retreats and yoga
Read our visitors guide online or order a copy of the official visitor's guide and map for our region.