You are here
Skiing & Snowboarding
World-class skiing in rural paradise
- Downhill skiing: Whitewater Ski Resort is the area's best kept secret, with top quality runs and huge snowfalls ensuring the resort competes with the best.
- Backcountry skiing: beautiful terrain and numerous mountain passes are expertly served by several mountain guide companies.
- Cat and Heli skiing: deep powder, incredible terrain, and five cat ski companies in the area combine to make Nelson and Kootenay Lake the Cat Ski Capital of the world.
- Nordic skiing: from the nordic ski club's trails just 10 minutes outside Nelson, to networks of trails accessible near many towns and villages, cross-country skiing is right on your doorstep.
- Other winter activities are part of our region: curling, skating, tobaganning, hockey, fat tire biking and snowmobling. Come out and enjoy!
Don't just take our word for it...
Read in the New York Times about The Powder Highway, the stretch of road that meanders through various Kootenay ski destinations, places that host some of the best skiing on the planet.
Whitewater Ski Resort
Averaging 40 feet of snow annually, and with 81 runs, it's been called "one of the best powder mountains on the continent" by Powder Magazine.
Retallack is a remote mountain wilderness that prides itself on “being in the right place.” For cat-skiing or mountain biking you'll want to check us out!
- 1-800-330-1433 | www.retallack.com
Selkirk Snowcat Skiing
White Grizzly Cat Skiing
Stellar Heliskiing specializes in total satisfaction for both expert and intermediate skiers who want to ski the Kootenay’s legendary peaks and majestic glaciers.
- Kaslo, BC | 1-888-366-0067
Nelson Nordic Ski Club
Kootenay Backcountry Guides
Summit Mountain Guides
Summit Mountain Guides offers mountain guiding services and instruction for the vertically inclined. Our programs include all levels of backcountry ski touring, mountaineering, rock & Ice climbing and hiking trips.
Gerick Cycle and Ski
If there is one thing that defines us, it is our valuable bike and ski proudcts and commitment to excellent customer service!
- 250-354-4622 | 702 Baker Street, Nelson
The Sacred Ride
Snowpack Outdoor Experiences
Snowpack caters to people who are looking for the best gear to use on any of their outdoor pursuits. We also offer Canada’s Only Patagonia Clothing and Outlet.
- 250-352-6411 | 333 Baker St, Nelson
Valhalla Pure Outfitters Nelson
Village Ski Hut