You are here
For a mountainous region, Nelson and Kootenay Lake region is incredibly well served by several high-quality golf courses, making the region a destination in itself for golf enthusiasts.
Golf in Nelson
Nelson has its own 18-hole course, Granite Pointe Golf Club, with spectacular views of Nelson, Kootenay Lake and the famous Kokanee Glacier.
Golf in Balfour
The challenging 18-hole Balfour Golf Course is just half an hour from Nelson, and has lakefront meadows and beautiful surrounding forests.
Also in Balfour, on the grounds of the Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre, is the 9-hole Eagleview Executive Golf Course.
Golf in Kaslo
Nesstled between the stunning Selkirk and Purcell mountains, the Kaslo Golf Course is a thoughtfully designed 9-hole course for all levels of golfers.
Other golfing resources
- Bringing together many golfing options, the Kootenay Golf Trail promotes six golf courses in the West Kootenays, and has special accommodation offers and the ability to book tee times.
- Kootenay Rockies Tourism's golf guide (PDF) can help you plan your mountain golfing adventure.
Balfour Golf Course
Kaslo Golf & Country Club
The Kaslo Golf Club overlooks the beautiful village of Kaslo and Kootenay Lake. This 9-hole course offers stunning views on every shot and a very delicious, enticing restautant.
- 418 Pine St | 250-353-2262
Granite Pointe Golf Course - Nelson
Your experience through Nelson’s mountain golfing adventure at Granite Pointe Golf Course begins with park-like settings, generous fairways and some great water hazards.
- 1123 Richards Street West
- 250-352-5913 | www.granitepointe.ca
Eagleview Executive Golf Course