413 4th Street, Kaslo, BC
The Kaslo City Hall building, constructed in 1898, was recognized as a National Historic Site in 1984. This is the oldest remaining town hall on the BC mainland and is a major heritage landmark in our community. The Kaslo City Hall symbolized the foresight of its founder’s optimism and aspirations of Kaslo and its future generations to come
This building was built with local materials for a cost of $11,000. The high-ceilinged second floor housed the courtroom, while the first floor, then as now, contained the city offices and council chambers. In the basement, what was the jail cells, vault and the city crew work area, now houses the Kaslo & District Public Library.
The building was renovated from 2010-2018 and has been formally reopened as Kaslo City Hall.