580 Baker Street, Nelson, BC
1898 Queen Anne Commercial. This building was constructed for George Beer and was originally known as the Beer Building. Although the ground floor facade has been renovated one can still see the recessed entranceways and display windows. The former high ceilings of the interior spaces can be seen in the space which separates the top of the display window with the first floor cornice. At one time, this area contained small paned transom windows. Note the pilasters and lintels. Text provided by Patricia A. Rogers. Image provided by Margaret Stacey.
Read our visitors guide online or order a copy of the official visitor's guide and map for our region.