You are here
Partner With Us
Partnering with Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism provides an opportunity for all tourism-related businesses and organizations to work together to enhance our marketing opportunities and bring more visitors to the area, and customers through your door.
Benefits of Partnering with NKLT
- Advertising space on www.nelsonkootenaylake.com
- Listing on specified tourism business-related pages
- Ability to submit Travel Deals
- Monthly newsletter
- Free Event postings on the Calendar
- Support for creating website advertisements and deals
- Access to images in the NKLT imagebank to help promote tourism-related businesses*
- Co-marketing opportunities*
- Voting rights at AGM and opportunity to be a board member
- Closed Facebook Group to share tourism ideas with other members
- Advertising in the Travel Book - the regions official vacation guide
Additional marketing opportunities with Kootenay Rockies Tourism and Destination BC
- Collaborative ads in print media
- Consumer shows
- International trade shows
- Television campaigns
- Tracking and research
- Familiarization tours for trade and media
- Photo and video shoots
- Partner, media and customer relations
- Regional publications
- Learning and seminars on tourism topics
- Brochure distribution, workshops, planning, etc.
Tourism-Related Business Tourism Membership - NEW for 2018
This year we have collaborated with the Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce, the Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Balfour & District Business and Historical Association (BDBHA) to provide an affordable benefit-based membership.
- Year runs January to December
- Chamber or BDBHA Tourism-related businesses can purchase a NKL Tourism Membership through their Chamber or BDBHA for $15
- All the benefits remain the same as in previous years with the addition of advertising opportunities in the Travel Book
- View the Travel Book Advertising Spec Sheet for prices, sizes and deadlines (AD SPACE GOES ON SALE OCTOBER & NOVEMBER)
- The $15 fee is collected by the Chamber/Association on behalf of NKLTourism
- If you are an accommodator in the region collecting the MRDT you are not required to pay for a tourism membership. You will be promoted through your tourism support of the MRDT.
- Tourism-related businesses and organizations that are not members of a Chamber/Association can purchase a NKL Tourism membership for $150 for businesses or $50 for nonprofit organizations.
To apply for a membership or for more information please contact one of the organizations:
- Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce
- Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce
- Balfour & District Business and Historical Association (BDBHA)
Short Term Rental Membership - Nelson bylaw enforced
- To register a SHORT TERM RENTAL please fill out the online STR Membership Application Form online or download a copy and email or deliver it to Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism.
- We are located at 91 Baker Street, second floor of the Visitor Centre, Nelson BC | 250-352-7879 | email@example.com
All tourism members can purchase advertising space on our website. Ad submissions are subject to approval by NKLT.
- 3 months - $300
- 6 months - $500
- 12 months - $900
Digital ads are to be built at 237 x 237 pixels. NKLT can support your ad development. Give us a call or email to discuss:. Phone 250-352-7879 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Together - Link To Us
We encourage all partners and associate members to link to us. A link to NKLT provides your visitor with easy access to all there is to do and see in the region. Simply save one of the two images below (right click, 'Save Image As') and place on your website. Link image to: nelsonkootenaylake.com THANK YOU for supporting and promoting tourism.