You are here
Partner With Us
Partnering with Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism provides an opportunity for all tourism-related businesses and organizations to work together to enhance our marketing opportunities and bring more visitors to the area, and customers through your door.
Benefits of Partnering with NKLT
- Advertising space on www.nelsonkootenaylake.com
- Listing on specified tourism business-related pages
- Ability to submit Travel Deals
- Monthly newsletter
- Free Event postings on the Calendar
- Support for creating website advertisements and deals
- Access to images in the NKLT imagebank to help promote tourism-related businesses*
- Co-marketing opportunities*
- Voting rights at AGM and opportunity to be a board member
- Closed Facebook Group to share tourism ideas with other members
- Advertising in the Travel Book - the regions official vacation guide
Additional marketing opportunities with Kootenay Rockies Tourism and Destination BC
- Collaborative ads in print media
- Consumer shows
- International trade shows
- Television campaigns
- Tracking and research
- Familiarization tours for trade and media
- Photo and video shoots
- Partner, media and customer relations
- Regional publications
- Learning and seminars on tourism topics
- Brochure distribution, workshops, planning, etc.
Tourism-Related Business Tourism Membership - NEW for 2018
This year we have collaborated with the Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce, the Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Balfour & District Business and Historical Association (BDBHA) to provide an affordable benefit-based membership.
- Year runs January to December
- Chamber or BDBHA Tourism-related businesses can purchase a NKL Tourism Membership through their Chamber or BDBHA for $15
- All the benefits remain the same as in previous years with the addition of advertising opportunities in the Travel Book
- View the Travel Book Advertising Spec Sheet for prices, sizes and deadlines (AD SPACE GOES ON SALE OCTOBER & NOVEMBER)
- The $15 fee is collected by the Chamber/Association on behalf of NKLTourism
- If you are an accommodator in the region collecting the MRDT you are not required to pay for a tourism membership. You will be promoted through your tourism support of the MRDT.
- Tourism-related businesses and organizations that are not members of a Chamber/Association can purchase a NKL Tourism membership for $150 for businesses or $50 for nonprofit organizations.
To apply for a membership or for more information please contact one of the organizations:
- Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce
- Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce
- Balfour & District Business and Historical Association (BDBHA)
Short Term Rentals - Nelson bylaw enforced
- As of Ocotber 2018 all accommodations must collect and pay the PST and GST. If you advertise on AirBnB they will collect and submit for you. Other online platforms will be collecting in the future. If you advertise outside of an online platform (business website) you will need to register directly with the Ministry of Finance. For full details vist the Government website, Bulletin 120.
- Let us know you are an accommodator so we can connect with you about what is happening in the tourism world, and provide you with free Travel Books and maps for your guests.
All tourism members can purchase advertising space on our website. Ad submissions are subject to approval by NKLT.
- 3 months - $300
- 6 months - $500
- 12 months - $900
Digital ads are to be built at 237 x 237 pixels. NKLT can support your ad development. Give us a call or email to discuss:. Phone 250-352-7879 Email: email@example.com
Working Together - Link To Us
We encourage all partners and associate members to link to us. A link to NKLT provides your visitor with easy access to all there is to do and see in the region. Simply save one of the two images below (right click, 'Save Image As') and place on your website. Link image to: nelsonkootenaylake.com Please join our Facebook Group to stay informed about weekly tourism happenings. THANK YOU for supporting and promoting tourism.