You are here
Venture. Explore. Live it Up.
Don’t miss the must-do unique experiences and vibrant energy of the Nelson and Kootenay Lake region.
- Rafting – Experience unforgettable whitewater excitement on Slocan and Lardeau Rivers
- Heli & Cat Ski – Head deep into the backcountry for legendary powder and intimate surroundings
- Mountain Bike – Two wheels and a heartbeat is all you need to experience the huge variety of beginner to expert trails in the area
- Zipline – Experience the thrill of treetop adventure as you soar high above Kokanee Creek
- Caving – Journey into a wild and fragile underground world on the edge of Ainsworth Hot Springs at Cody Caves
- Craft Beer & Coffee – Taste the seemingly endless varieties of freshly brewed and roasted local flavours
- Experience something unique - Kaslo's newest business, Between a Lake and a High Place is now offering a variety of wild & free experiences
- Adventure Hotel – Modern, Euro-style affordable rooms and three distinctive eateries in the heart of Nelson
- Alpine Inn – Newly renovated rooms with kitchen facilities and a variety of amenities
- Mountain Hound Inn – Cozy and comfortable modern rooms on Nelson’s historic Baker Street
- Dancing Bear Inn – Meet fellow travellers at Nelson’s comfortable and cozy downtown hostel
- Camp – Pitch your tent or park your trailer on the shores of scenic Kootenay Lake
- Motels/Inns – Enjoy your private space and great view at the North Shore Inn or Villa Motel
- Cantina del Centro – Lively Latin American eatery with signature drinks and hopping patio
- Empire - Embrace Nelson’s coffee culture with a freshly roasted brew at this local café
- Drifters – Soak up the ambience in this authentically local and rural pub in Meadow Creek
- Falls Music Lounge – Enjoy the lively atmosphere paired with great music and food
- Pubs – Enjoy a pint of locally brewed ale and hearty pub fare at one of Nelson’s lively pubs: Mike's Place, Finley's Bar & Grill, or Uptown Sportsbar
- Taqueria el Corazon – Check out Kaslo's newest restaurant serving fresh traditional Mexican tacos prepared with love
Find out what kind of traveller you are by doing our fun Traveller EQ Survey, created by Destination Canada.