You are here
Explore. Learn. Discover.
Experience the rich cultural diversity of this artist mecca in this unique corner of southeast British Columbia.
- Historic Downtowns – Wander Nelson’s and Kaslo’s lively main streets with eclectic shops, heritage buildings, and a plethora of restaurants
- Markets – Meet local farmers, producers and artisans while enjoying live music and natural surroundings on weekends and weekdays
- Live Music & Performances – The Capitol Theatre, Civic Theatre, and various local venues showcase big acts to small shows
- Museums & Heritage Sites – Feel the past come to life at Touchstones Museum, SS Moyie sternwheeler, and the Langham Cultural Centre, or on a heritage walking tour
- Artisans & Galleries – Discover an explosion of local art and eclectic curiosities along all six lakefront communities in the area
- Experience something unique - Kaslo's newest business, Between a Lake and a High Place is now offering a variety of cultural experiences
- Hume Hotel – Antique. Chic. Boutique. Nelson’s best-known hotel boasts century-old character and charm
- Kaslo Hotel – Fully restored heritage accommodation on the shores of Kootenay Lake
- Blaylock Mansion – Historic and charming retreat just minutes from Nelson
- Cloudside Hotel – Small specialty hotel in a charming heritage building downtown Nelson
- Savoy Hotel – Newly renovated boutique hotel blending modern amenities with historic elegance
- All Season’s Café – Neighbourhood bistro serving a seasonal menu with the best local ingredients
- Oso Negro – A local’s favourite, this artsy and hopping café is a coffee lovers mecca
- Library Lounge – Historic and elegeant parlour-like atmosphere featuring live jazz in the Hume Hotel
- Ktunaxa Grill – Sumptuous cuisine, stunning mountain backdrop and friendly service at Ainsworth Hot Springs
- Bluebelle Bistro & Beanery – Fresh, wholesome and homemade food using quality ingredients in a cozy café
Find out what kind of traveller you are by doing our fun Traveller EQ Survey, created by Destination Canada.