You are here
Explore. Learn. Discover.
Experience the rich cultural diversity of this artist mecca in this unique corner of southeast British Columbia.
- Historic Downtowns – Wander Nelson’s and Kaslo’s lively main streets with eclectic shops, heritage buildings, and a plethora of restaurants
- Markets – Meet local farmers, producers and artisans while enjoying live music and natural surroundings on weekends and weekdays
- Live Music & Performances – The Capitol Theatre, Civic Theatre, and various local venues showcase big acts to small shows
- Museums & Heritage Sites – Feel the past come to life at Touchstones Museum, SS Moyie sternwheeler, and the Langham Cultural Centre, or on a heritage walking tour
- Artisans & Galleries – Discover an explosion of local art and eclectic curiosities along all six lakefront communities in the area
- Experience something unique - Kaslo's newest business, Between a Lake and a High Place is now offering a variety of cultural experiences
- Hume Hotel – Antique. Chic. Boutique. Nelson’s best-known hotel boasts century-old character and charm
- Kaslo Hotel – Fully restored heritage accommodation on the shores of Kootenay Lake
- Blaylock Mansion – Historic and charming retreat just minutes from Nelson
- Cloudside Hotel – Small specialty hotel in a charming heritage building downtown Nelson
- Savoy Hotel – Newly renovated boutique hotel blending modern amenities with historic elegance
- All Season’s Café – Neighbourhood bistro serving a seasonal menu with the best local ingredients
- Oso Negro – A local’s favourite, this artsy and hopping café is a coffee lovers mecca
- Library Lounge – Historic and elegeant parlour-like atmosphere featuring live jazz in the Hume Hotel
- Ktunaxa Grill – Sumptuous cuisine, stunning mountain backdrop and friendly service at Ainsworth Hot Springs
- Bluebelle Bistro & Beanery – Fresh, wholesome and homemade food using quality ingredients in a cozy café
Use the Self-Guided Tour brochure to see all the historic sites. You can get a printed one from the Visitor Centre or Touchstones, and other shops in Nelson and Kaslo.
Find out what kind of traveller you are by doing our fun Traveller EQ Survey, created by Destination Canada.