You are here
Discover. Enjoy. Seek and Find.
Experience the local lifestyle and rich heritage that continues to shape this mountain paradise.
- Local Parks – Enjoy a scenic walk along Nelson’s Lakeside Park or Kaslo Bay Park
- Hike Pulpit – Short but steep, the local’s favourite trail offers spectacular views of Nelson
- Raft/Fish/Paddle – Set your clock to lake time and head out on the water
- Downhill & Nordic Ski – Follow the locals to powder stashes and scenic ski trails at Whitewater Ski Resort or deep in the backcountry
- Downtown & Boutique Shops – Wander historic main streets bursting with one of-a-kind shops
- Golf – Four local courses offer memorable views and a mountain golf experience
- Experience something unique - Kaslo's newest business, Between a Lake and a High Place is now offering a variety of local experiences
- B&B – Discover friendly local hospitality at a charming and distinctive inn
- Lodges – Experience the authentic mountain lifestyle in a rustic and well-appointed lodge
- Vacation Rentals – Live like a local in a self-contained vacation getaway suite
- Woodbury Resort – Experience Kootenay Lake's only year round destination resort
- Kaslo Motel – Stay in a unique room or cabin within a 2 minute walk of Kaslo's main street or waterfront
- Buddy’s Pizzeria – Proudly independently owned, serving up live music and artisan pizzas made from scratch
- Dock n’ Duck – Savour the stunning lakefront views at Balfour’s local pub
- Main St. Diner – The local’s go-to spot with a Greek influence
- Kootenay Co-Op – Immerse yourself in Nelson’s legendary local market
- Oso Negro – Discover Nelson’s legendary coffee culture where it all began
- Sanderella’s – The best cakes in town and full tea service surrounded by local art
- Mike’s Place – Nelson’s favourite pub, serving up fresh food and drink in cozy surroundings
Find out what kind of traveller you are by doing our fun Traveller EQ Survey, created by Destination Canada.