You are here
Take a journey through time and learn about our region's past and present at one of our wonderful museums.
Chamber of Mines of Eastern BC
The Chamber of Mines of Eastern British Columbia is a not-for-profit organization providing authentic, reliable information to the general public and the mining industry.
- 250-352-5242 | 255 Hall Street, Nelson
J.B. Fletcher Store
J.B. Fletcher Mercantile was the first and largest General Store and mining supply establishment on Kootenay Lake BC. It is now a gift shop and museum.
- 3602 Sutton Street, Ainsworth Hot Spring
Kootenay Star Mining Museum
A rich treasure of machinery, photos, documents, dioramas, mining samples and more, to give visitors a sense of what life was like in those wild prospecting days.
- 250-353-2115 | 402 Front Street, Kaslo
Langham Cultural Centre
Lardeau Valley Museum
Operated by the Lardeau Valley Historical Society, a variety of local historic artifacts are featured which highlight a rich history of mining, logging, agriculture, homesteading, and Aboriginal history of the region.
- 13435 Highway 31, Meadow Creek
- Lardeau Valley Historical Society Facebook
Step inside the lovingly restored SS Moyie in Kaslo for a tour of the oldest intact sternwheeler in the world.
- 250-353-2525 | 324 Front St, Kaslo
Situated along the lakefront, in beautiful, Nelson, BC lies a historical marvel - Streetcar #23, a fully functional streetcar from the early 1900's.
- 250-352-7672 | www.nelsonstreetcar.org
- Opening seasonally from May to October