You are here
**We are currently developing an Event Manual for the region to help event planners and venue operators easily access all the information and resources in the region regarding events - from amenities to venues. A comprehensive booklet will be accessible online. Please check back again in mid-April for this valuable resource.**
Nelson and Kootenay Lake has venues for conferences as well as live venues of all sizes, shapes and locations for your events. See our COMPLETE LISTING on this pdf.
Conference Facilities in the Nelson and Kootenay Lake Region
- Downtown Nelson has two sit-down theatre facilities. Both have projectors, screens, lighting, podiums and stages.
- The newly renovated Civic Theatre can hold 306 day or night with catering, popcorn and drinks
- The historic Capitol Theatre can hold 400 people.
- Touchstones Museum can hold 200 people in its Grand Hall for a meet and mingle.
- Kootenay Studio Arts, another fabulous heritage building melded with modern renovations, can hold over 100 people in its sunny studios.
- The Best Western has a banquet room that can hold up to 120 people, and can be broken into two spaces (75 each) for the breakout sessions.
- The Hume has the large Hume Room that can hold up to 120 people. They also have two additional smaller spaces, the Emporium Room (up to 20) and the Lydia room (up to 12).
- The Adventure Hotel has a banquet room that can hold up to 130 people, and a dining room and lounge that can be booked for smaller groups up to 70 people.
- The Prestige Lakeside Resort has 4500 sq ft of meeting space that can also be broken into five breakout rooms with the following capacities: Robson – 80 people, Monashee – 110, Selkirk – 110, Kootenay – 100, Moseley – 25. The facility has screens, projectors, podiums, stage, raised head table, and special lighting.
- Kootenay Lakeview Lodge in the beautiful setting of Balfour offers a meeting room with a view that can hold up to 240 people, dining for up to 120 people, and 20 rooms for accommodation.
- Ainsworth Hot Springs has a dining and banquet room with amazing views of the Selkirk Mountains and Kootenay Lake. The banquet room can hold 20-25 people comfortably (sitting or standing). There is also a formal dining room, but it is open to the public all year round, so not for private functions. Perched up on the side of the mountain, this newly renovated facility can accommodate up to 134 people with its 41 rooms.
- Kaslo Hotel has the Front Meeting Room that can hold 10-12 people comfortably seated. There is a dining room with a gorgeous view of the lake that is open to the public. The hotel has 11 rooms plus three suites and can accommodate around 50 people.
- Finley's Bar & Grill is a large open space with a great patio overlooking Kootenay Lake. Finley's has standing room for up to 300 people and can host up to 150 people to dine.
- Sage Tapas & Wine Bar is a beautiful intimate space that can be rented for a variety of occasions. Sage can hold up to 50 people for meals and events.
- The Savoy Hotel has three versatile function spaces. The Falls Music Lounge can hold up to 100 people and provides a high-end lounge atmosphere. Farm Fresh Cafe can hold up to 60 people providing farm to table cuisine. Both these spaces offering an abundance of natural light. Bloom Nightclub can hold up to 120 people seated, 300 standing, offering state-of-the-art AV.