You are here
Cat and Heli Skiing
Backcountry Skiing Adventures
Our deep snow and steep vertical attracts pro skiers, snowboarders, heli-skiiers and ski-touring fanatics from around the world. We have more Cat Ski operations here than anywhere else—appropriate because cat skiing was born here in 1975 with Selkirk Wilderness Skiing (now Selkirk Snowcat Skiing).
From the easily-accessed peaks outside the Whitewater ski area, to the remote alpine bowls of Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park, to the mystic Monashees and rugged Selkirk mountain ranges, adventure awaits.
Access incredible scenery and virgin powder through heli-skiing with Stellar Heli Skiing or Snowwater Heli Skiing. Experienced guides can take you on everything from long powder descents to slalom runs through old-growth tree glades. They also offer training and avalanche checks to help ensure your adventures are safe.
As the Cat Ski Capital of the World, the region offers incredible snowcat-accessible terrain, serving up wide bowls, 360-degree vistas, and day-long vertical drops of up to 18,000 ft or more.
- Baldface, host of the Red Bull Supernatural event
- Retallack, one of the first operators to gain the exclusive 4-Key Green Key rating for environmental sustainability
- Selkirk Wilderness Skiing, where it all began
- White Grizzly, where you will experience an intimate adventure with well trained guides and diverse terrain.
Retallack is a remote mountain wilderness that prides itself on “being in the right place.” For cat-skiing or mountain biking you'll want to check us out!
- 1-800-330-1433 | www.retallack.com
Selkirk Snowcat Skiing
White Grizzly Cat Skiing
Stellar Heliskiing specializes in total satisfaction for both expert and intermediate skiers who want to ski the Kootenay’s legendary peaks and majestic glaciers.
- Kaslo, BC | 1-888-366-0067