You are here
Thank you for participating in the community calendar!
At Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism, our mandate is to promote Nelson, Balfour, Ainsworth, Kaslo, Lardeau and Meadow Creek to potential visitors. We know that activities and events are a main reason tourists choose this destination over another. We also know how difficult it can be for visitors to find what they’re looking for.
Today, we invite you to join the all-access, all-inclusive Nelson Kootenay Lake Community Calendar. A central hub where visitors and locals alike can find all the diverse events, classes, activities, and promotions that happen in our region every day.
By joining the Calendar your events will be instantly shared, promoted and distributed across our network and related “hubs".
Who Should I Join?
- Anyone in the Nelson, Balfour, Ainsworth, Kaslo, Lardeau and Meadow Creek area creating “things to do" for tourists or locals
- Anyone with seasonal sales and promotions
- Anyone who’s customers and visitors are looking for something to do
- Anyone who knows how difficult it is to economically, effectively and efficiently promote their own events
- Anyone who understands how working together makes our community stronger and more resilient
Why Should Everyone Join the Nelson Kootenay Lake Calendar?
- To help create the first all-access, all-inclusive, community wide calendar for our region
- To save locals and visitors time when searching for what’s happening in the region
- To showcase the amazing diversity of events in our region
- To minimize “conflicting” local events which splits and dilutes participation
- So that events of personal or professional interest can be filtered through locations, categories and tags
- So that interest-driven websites can showcase your related events
How Do I Sign Up?
Sign up is simple - follow the steps below, or if you need help, please contact Adin Cota at email@example.com or call 250.505.2764
- Create a time.ly account and get the Calendar code for your website
- Are you running a WordPress website? If so, install and activate the free Time.ly “Core" WordPress plug-in
- Not running WordPress? Click here to get Time.ly's "Calendar Pro” - a hosted calendar that uses a simple “widget” on your website.
- Use the coupon code "kootenay-calendar-
network2016”to receive 12 free months (first 50 sign-ups only!)
- If you are within the first 50 sign-ups, your credit card will not be charged at this time. Billing begins in 12 months. You may cancel anytime. NKLT charges no fees - all billing is done directly through Time.ly
- Time.ly will automatically generate your personal hosted calendar and email you the login details
- Use the coupon code "kootenay-calendar-
- Install the calendar on your website (or ask your administrator to do so)
- Login to your Calendar dashboard (within your WordPress dashboard, or from the address sent to you via email from Time.ly for hosted calendars) and setup your calendar.
- We recommend this Introductory Video to learn about best practices, customization and branding/colouring your calendar
- We recommend you use (some of) the same Categories as we do:
- We suggest you add the location of your event (Balfour, Nelson, Kaslo, etc)
- Create a few events, and review additional Help Videos from Time.ly
- Notify us that you have completed your Calendar setup
- Please include the public URL to your calendar
- Please include your name and contact information
- Please let us know if you have any feedback, suggestions or questions!
- Once we receive notification from you, we will set up a daily feed from your calendar to ours, automatically feeding your events in to one of our Categories (listed above)
- That’s it!
View our short video segments to make it easier to find your solutions.
- Adding Users: https://youtu.be/vhKAhbxqXwc?
- Basic Settings: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Theme Options: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Import Feeds: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Venues: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Organize: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Add New Events: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Embed your calendar: https://youtu.be/lzyHxUhqGjA?
- Facebook feed: new in 2017 - import your events from Facebook to your Timely Calendar
“But I already have a calendar system!"
- Does it automatically synchronize with other local calendars and community hubs?
- Does it automatically feed to our community calendar?
- Are you spending time manually posting your events to other sites?
- Can visitors who don’t know your web address find your events easily?
- Do visitors have time to visit multiple calendars and websites?
- Are you only reaching active FaceBook users?
- Let us show you how easy it is to migrate your existing events!
“Won’t more events to choose from mean less people will choose mine?"
- Your followers and fans can still access your calendar directly
- You can check the community calendar to co-ordinate your event planning and minimize conflicts/competition
- Automatic posting on our shared community calendar exposes your event to new, larger audiences
- Automatic event sharing means you have more time to plan and promote your event
- Niche websites all over the world can subscribe to you and share your events to their followers
- Users can use searches and filters to find your events easily
"How much does it cost?"
- If you run a WordPress website there is never a fee to the user
- For non-WordPress websites, hosted calendars currently cost $9 USD
"What are some other benefits?"
- You will receive the Nelson and Kootenay Lake Community Calendar logo to add to your webpage that links directly to the community calendar
- You will receive a hosted calendar account (or free plugin if you run WordPress) to begin posting and promoting your events immediately
- If you only have one event to post, and don't need your own calendar you can post single events throuth the "Submit Event" button on the Nelson and Kootenay Lake calendar
Who has joined the Calendar? Pro, Wordpress, a Widget or Linked Logo
Adventure Hotel | Aggregators or Hubs | Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort | Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort | Amy Ferguson Institute | Balfour Golf Course | Bambu Hot Yoga | Bellaflora | Bibo | Blue Night | Booksmyth | Cantina Del Centro | Capitol Theatre Restoration Society | Career Development Services | Castlegar Sculpture Walk | Christina Lake calendar | Christine Sutherland Massage | City of Nelson | Civic Theatre | Columbia Basin Rural Development Network | Columbia Basin Trust | Community Futures | Cube Climbing Gym | Dance Medicine | Deconstructing Dinner Film Festival | Drifter’s Restaurant | Early Years | East Shore Mainstreet | Ellison’s Market | Finley’s Bar & Grill, Sage Tapas & Grill | First Presbyterian Church | Front Street Dance | Gaia Rising | Gallery 2 | Gerick Cycle & Ski - Nelson | Glamorgan Church | GrandForks Public Library | Granite Point Golf | Hidden Creek Art & Ecology retreat | HUME Hotel (Library lounge, Mike’s Pube, Spirit bar.) | ISIS Essentials | Johnsons Landing Retreat Centre | Kaslo Golf Club | Kaslo Hotel | KDG Photography | Kesavah BellyDance | Kootenai Moon Furniture Inc. | Kootenay Boundary Community Services Co-operative | Kootenay Business Workshop Calendar | Kootenay Coop Radio | Kootenay Gallery | Kootenay Lake Historical Society | Kootenay Native Plants | Kootenay Society for Community Living | Langham Cultural Society | Lardeau River Adventures | Living Medicine Project | Mainstreet Newspaper | Michelle Mungall - MLA | Midas Lab | Mountain Baby | Mountain Waters Retreats | Nakusp and Arrow Lakes | Nakusp and Arrow Lakes | Nelson and District Arts Council | Nelson Chamber of Commerce | Nelson Civic Theatre Society | NELSON ELECTRIC TRAMWAY SOCIETY | Nelson Kayak and Paddle board & Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co. | Nelson Nordic Ski Club | Nelson Public Library | Nelson United Church | Nelson Women’s Centre | Nelson Youth Center | New Life Church | North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society | Otter Books | Oxygen Art Centre | Prestige - Nelson | RAP Park Consulting | ROAM Shop | Rossland Social Club | Rural Coordination Center of BC | Savoy Hotel & Bloom Nightclub | Scout Clothing | SkinBliss Laser & Body Clinic | Slocan Valley | Spirit Bar | Streetclothes Named Desire | The Royal on Baker | Torchlight Brewery | Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History | Trail Association for Community Living | Trail Gymnastics | Valhalla-Pure Ouftitters | Victorian Hospital of Kaslo Auxiliary Society | Village Ski Hut | West Coast Grill - Prestige | West Eco Society | Wharfhouse Business Solutions | White Pines Aikido | Whitewater Ski Resort | Wildflower school | Yasodhara Ashram | Young Living Essential Oils